מאמר חדש על ההשפעההפוליטית של שקיפות תקציבית בבריטניה - פסימי משהו

למקרה שתרצו להציץ, הנה קישור למאמר שיפורסם בכתב העת public administration review:

“THE IMPACT OF OPEN DATA IN THE UK: COMPLEX, UNPREDICTABLE, AND POLITICAL”

This article examines the democratic impact of the UK coalition government’s Transparency Agenda, focusing on the publication of all local government spending over £500 by councils in England. It looks at whether the new data have driven increased democratic accountability, public participation, and information transmission. The evidence suggests that the local government spending data have driven some accountability. However, rather than forging new ‘performance regimes’, creating ‘armchair auditors’, or bringing mass use and involvement, the publication creates a further element of political disruption. Assessment of the use and impact of the new spending data finds it is more complex, more unpredictable, and more political than the rhetoric around Open Data indicates. The danger is that the gap between aims and impact invites disappointment from supporters.

אם מעניין אתכם אשלח לכם את המאמר המלא.

לייק 1

תוכל לשלוח לי למייל? אשמח להציץ בזה.
תודה ששיתפת

היי קרין, שלחתי לך למייל.

תודה,

סער

אותי מאד מענין. אשמח לקבל את המאמר המלא. תודה!

גמאני

I’m actively working on UK govt. projects that fall under the Transparency Agenda.

I’m not sure about the findings of the article, but I’ve got to say that the experience in working with govt. on spend data projects is nothing short of amazing: there is deep engagement, and a real understanding of why such initiatives are important.

Compared to what I know about the situation here, it is also notable that there is significant energy put into human processes - the people who actually handle data, and how they do so - rather than just technological solutions.