Some open source libraries I'm working on

Hey,

As some of you know, I’ve been working pretty much full time at Open Knowledge for the last 6 months.

The last ~3 months I’ve been working on a project related to Open Spending - specifically a frontend dashboard and backend ETL pipeline for financial data published by the UK government.

So, there are lots of things going on there that are of potential interest to HaSadna, but today I just wanted to link to some of the stuff I’ve been working on.

Here is blog post I wrote on OKFN Labs that introduces the code we are open sourcing, and has links to Github, etc.

A big part of what I’m doing is also related to working with and contributing to emerging open data standards like JSON Table Schema and Budget Data Package. I might give a talk on these at HaSadna in the coming months if there is any interest.

4 לייקים

@aaa
@mushon
@noam

That’s really great Paul. Would love for you to give a talk about it.
@mary

Hi Paul,
we’re currently looking into Open Specnding as a platform for what we’re doing at oBudget.org. Very glad to hear we have an inside person there. How familiar are you with the ins and outs of this system and its relevance to what we do here?

Hey,

I’m pretty familiar.

The projects I’m working on are around Open Spending, and probably going to be integrated into the next version of Open Spending.

I’m involved in aspects of the technical specification for the new Open Spending work:

http://labs.openspending.org/osep/

I’m directly working on OSEP #5, and involved in discussions for others

OSEP #1 has been accepted and Tryggvi is working on parts of it.

I’m also starting to port the Israeli Muni data to Budget Data Package.

Basically, now is a really good time to get on board with OS, and I’d recommend we start to put some energy into it instead of home grown solutions.

I’m very happy to help take a lead role in co-ordinating this.

I’m planning to be at the next Monday meetup so we can talk more then.

@pwalsh, as I told you, I’m thinking about OpenSpending as well.
I’d love to join in on the conversation.

I won’t be there tonight as I have tickets for a gig, so next week.

הי,
הפרוייקטים עליהם אתה עובד נראים מרתקים.
כחלק מלימודי לתואר שני בניהול טכנולוגיה אני כותב עבודת מחקר בנושא המוטיבציה לתרומה לקוד פתוח. יעזור לי מאוד אם תענה על שאלון קצר.

אני מחפש אנשים שתרמו או רוצים לתרום על מנת להבין טוב יותר את הגורמים שמביאים מפתחי תכנה לתרום לפרוייקטים אלו.
אודה לתגובתך על השאלון…

תודה רבה!!!