247 project

I’m bringing an email conversation onto the forum for wider participation:

@idoivri
@Yogev
Yehonatan Daniv

As I said, I’m working on the processed 2013 dataset I got from Ido.

I’m wondering how/when we can get the preceding years in a similar format, and if we can share those files on Google Drive?

I think I’ll have the parser for the data finished in the next 2-3 weeks; this parser puts all the data into JSON Table Schema, and bundles the files as a Budget Data Package.

Those are formats in use at various NGOs worldwide.

:CC

@mestrebisli @yanivpas @NitzanGuberman @noam @niryariv

@pwalsh - I’ll try and find the other years’ data later on today.

I have “succeeded” in uploading all the relevant years to my drive (years 2013-2005).
I shared them with Paul, Ido & Yehonatan
See link below:

Hey @Yogev awesome!

I see this says under edit. So, you’ll let me know when it is ready and/or what is ready?

Also, what is the gap, in terms of post-processing, from that to this:

https://github.com/openbudgets/data-israel-local/blob/master/raw/2013.xlsx

Being, the 2013 Excel file that Ido sent to me.

Awesome, thanks!!

Under edit just helps me distinguish it from the source in the same directory in my computer. The differences between that file and the original is that all the years are in the same file and I added the numbering of the different subjects, according to the relevant 2nd level chapters (61-64, 71-78, etc.)
This numbering is just to help correlate this data with the numbering system we are familiar with

Mate, that is so awesome, thanks.

@idoivri
@Yogev

Do you have population data, and possibly other contextual data, for all munis, to go with the budget data for 2005-20013?

Like this from the original project: https://github.com/openbudgets/data-israel-local/blob/master/raw/contextual/indicators.csv

But at a minimum we just need population as a way to scale the raw amounts - I already have inflation.

I’ll set up a file with relevant population data. 2013 data is for munis with more than X # if population

Great.

@Yogev if there are any other indicators/data points that you think would be very useful for us to normalise budget data against in that large muni dataset, let me know, as now is a good chance to add other highly relevant, across-the-board data points.